Much More Than Just A Simple Policy
Our policy has been custom designed and drafted specifically for the UK Market. It offers unique features not found on other policies together with a comprehensive list of policy extensions. Just as you would expect from a market leader whose policy is accredited by BIBA.
- No contracting out of the Insurance Act 2015
- No Basis Clause
- No warranties
- No conditions precedent (not even claim notification)
- Very broad protection against innocent non-disclosure
- Late notification protection
- 7 days after expiry to notify claims
- Civil liability cover including defamation, dishonesty, loss of client money and joint ventures
- Costs in addition to the limit of indemnity
- Regulatory investigation costs
- Compensation for court attendance
- Automatic binding authority cover
- Data Protection defence costs cover
- Hacker cover
- Loss of client cover – if your business makes a loss in its P&L because of your losing a client following the payment of a PI claim, we will indemnify you up to £25,000 for that loss (exclusive to BIBA members)
- Fidelity automatically covered (exclusive to BIBA members)
- Totally fair treatment not only promised but written into the wording
Some insurers have become overly aggressive when handling claims. We aren’t like this. We will provide you with support when you need it from day one of any allegation made.
We offer appropriate cover, sensibly priced, secured by our commitment to the broker PI market and supported by Manchester Underwriting Management’s underwriters and their many years’ experience in the class.
We don’t just want to support you when you have a claim. We’d rather you didn’t suffer the claim with all its aggravation, management time and reputational risk in the first place. Most brokers’ claims start off with a client that makes a claim who doesn’t get the experience that they expected.
From time to time, there may be a question mark about whether the policy covers the loss they have sustained and that can become a difficult and risky period for your firm. If a policy doesn’t cover a loss your client has sustained, your own PI insurance may be on the line.
MILLS & REEVE LEGAL SUPPORT TEAM
With our policy you can reach for our legal support team at Mills & Reeve at any time, free of charge. They will provide a claims advice service that will operate if an insurer has reserved its rights or declined cover for one of your client’s claims.
Simply contact them by email or telephone and they will provide assistance to help you to assess whether the insurer’s decision can be legitimately challenged and, if it can, to provide guidance about the approach you may legitimately take to protect your client’s position.
Mills & Reeve is a major UK law firm renowned for the outstanding service they provide to national and international clients, for their collaborative culture and for their deep sector expertise. They have been ranked first in the UK for client satisfaction in the Legal Week annual client satisfaction survey.
Our approach to handling claims is to move quickly and avoid a problem becoming a claim.